Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Best Laid Plans

The big Easter plans. Travel to my SIL's in NJ. Have dinner. Have an egg hunt. Just a nice relaxing day in store for us. Nope instead, a couple hours after the below Easter pic's were taken....my girl got sick. The dreaded stomach virus on Easter day! I knew we were in for it when she went back to bed and didn't touch her candy. Of course the projectile vomiting was a pretty good hint that Easter was officially cancelled. Don't worry, I like to document every day moments but that's a little much.

Sooo that left us with a sick kid and no Easter dinner. I didn't have a thing in the house! Grandma and hubby to the rescue! I tell ya though, don't shop on a holdiay. Do you know how many stores it takes to find the makings of Easter dinner ON Easter day? FOUR. I felt bad for them but it was entertaining. They called from each store, Hannaford had ginger ale, Shop Rite has turkeys if you want one that's 24 lbs, and so on. We ended up with a ham, roast chicken, store made mashed potatoes (would love to know what they do to them to make them so good, no doubt a tub of butter!!) boxed stuffing, carrots, dinner rolls and bakery cookies!
It was after six by the time we ate but it was all good. The meal was delicious and although it wasn't what we had planned it was a good day despite the stomach virus.

I'm happy to report that is was a 24 hour bug. She is on the mend, still not much of an appetite. I really am feeling lucky to have her. All those juicy embellies are from my Noel Mignon kit, Nightingale. Not sure if she has any left, it was a great kit. The papers are mix from the Nightingale kit and a Scrapbook Circle kit.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

VERY cute page! Glad she is feeling better - we kinda had that yucky stuff too.

Nicole Maki said...

What an awesome page. Love how there is so much fun stuff to look at yet it isn't crowded.

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Hey Marie! thank you for coming to my blog! Listen - from the HV, too? Where do you LSS shop nowadays? Since Creative Gatherings closed :( I feel totally lost. It's nice to know another scrapper in our area!

Jen Martakis said...

Awww! Poor little sweetheart. I'm glad that you were able to still have a nice dinner. I did have to giggle at the shopping excursion though. lol