Friday, July 23, 2010

Exciting News and Some Scrapping

Well once again I've neglected my blog. Not too bad this time...and with good reason. We've had lot's of change in the last month. After almost 2 years with her swim team my daughter has moved on. She continues to swim however she is no longer with the Cuda's. She is now an Aqua Gem and....drum roll please....a Junior Olympian!! Needless to say I am super excited and proud of her!! Since she didn't know that she qualified we surprised her on the 4th of July with an Olympic cake. I also bought her a new suit and cap for the occasion. As of right now she is qualified for 2 events,100 LCM Breaststroke and 50CLM Backstroke. She has one more meet this weekend to qualify in other events. Me? I'm ecstatic with one!!
Here she is right after finding out. I love that she actually looks like a 9 year old, young and sweet!

Now are you ready for this transformation? I keep looking at this picture and saying is that really the same girl? Game on!

Future swimsuit model?

Sooo I have been spending alot of time hanging aroung the pool deck. Oh and how about some scrapping? I've done some of that too! I am loving all the great sketches from the Pages In Time blog and although I don't always get them done on a weekly basis I do what I can.


and one more

6 comments:

Scrapamum said...

Yay to your little swimmer!!!!!
Fab LO's

2amscrapper said...

woo hoo! a big congrats! and wonderful layouts too!

Unknown said...

Marie, first and most importantly, CONGRATS!!!!! You must be so proud. She is beautiful and your support is undoubtedly appreciated. Keep us posted! Secondly, those layouts....omg! You have outdone yourself. They are stunning! Love everything about them

Unknown said...

Congratulations to your whole family!

mckinkle said...

Wow Marie, the girl has done real good! Oh you must be the proudest Mum in the world!

What a fab LO, I love seeing the generations together.

Many Congrats to you all!

Keryn x

Natalie Jane said...

FOund your blog on Scrapbook Challenges!
fabby layouts, but a massive congratulations to your daughter and your family!!
:)
N xx