Monday, September 12, 2011

I've Got No Scrap Space But I've Got My MoJo Back

To sum it up simply, it's been a crappy couple of weeks. Hurricane Irene came. We lost power for 3 days. We took in a small amount of water in our basement and then the rains came. Again. With the ground already thoroughly saturated there was no place for it to go. So into the basement it came. I'm not going to complain (too much) many others lost so much more than we did. I will say....my scraproom is partially in the trash. I've lived in my home for 10 years and never have we had any water in the house like this. It's unreal. Ton's of  paper and stickers had to be thrown out, that's what I get for having it stacked on the floor! Two big cabinets had to be thrown away and the rest is in a big heap in my family room. I'm going to wait another week or two before I put any of it back. Another good rain and I think it will be wet again. It hasn't rained here in a few days now and the ground is still mush! On the upside I will get to do a little shopping. One of those cabinets held my Cricut and I need to replace it.
I had a crop scheduled for Saturday and I almost didn't go, I mean come on! All my stuff is in a heap! I decided to go, packed haphazardly the morning of and ended up finding my MoJo!! I had a great time with some scrappy friends, old and new!
This is a layout I started before the storm. It was my intention to make a bunch of awesome layouts and apply for the Basic Grey Design Team,  Hurricane Irene had other plans! Oh well, what were the chances of actually making that team anyway! HA  I love Basic Grey and would have been using this paper anyway so it's all good!
I have a few other pages and a card but they are for Let's Scrap and I can't share them yet. Wherever you are I hope you are dry and safe!

4 comments:

Mindi Brown ~}:{~ said...

I am so glad after everything you went thru, you are in good spirits and the mojo is back!! I hope your home gets back to normal soon!

Theresa said...

oh no. so sorry to hear about all the water. that stinks. glad everyone is ok though. you can always buy more scrap goodies. and you really did rock out the BG page. very lovely. one of my fav paper lines these days.

Mazz's Scrap O'Clock said...

TFS Marie - I'm so sorry you've had to go through this...I do hope you're all cleaned up and ready to scrap again - with your usual creative self, soon xxx

JeaunesV said...

Marie, this is a stunning layout! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!